Voting

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Men and Their Toys…

You take the task of moving a shed across the yard, and mix it with three men, a couple of backhoes, and a dump truck….well, you’ve got quite a Saturday morning!  Our new place had a “dog yard shed” right up close to the house that blocked my view of the pond and pasture on the left.  We wanted to move it to the right side of the house on the other side of the little dirt road that runs through our place.  Now I ask you…would you want to look at this every time you stepped out onto your back porch?DSC03715

So Chip and his two buddies, Steve and Joe, set out to move that shed to the other side….

The idea was to tie pipe to all sides and lift it with backhoes.  Clint is checking it out, but he had to go to work today.  (I think he was thrilled, for once, to go to work! :)DSC03716

They tied up to the shed and started to move…looks simple enough…right?  :)DSC03717

The spot is looking better already!DSC03718

This is the new concrete slab where the shed is going…

DSC03721

Here’s Chip driving the backhoe…(men and their toys)…. DSC03724

This is the view from the back of my house.

DSC03726

ALMOST!!! DSC03727

YAY!!! Task completed!DSC03729

Now they had to move everything back under the shed….Chip knew he didn’t want to unload and load that firewood again!  (I knew he’d come up with something!)DSC03732

DSC03730

Then the task of busting up that concrete slab at the other place.DSC03731

My new view out my back door!!!!  MUCH better!  Thanks guys!  I told Mama this morning that Daddy would have eaten this up today!  He loved being in the middle of things like this.  I sure miss him and wish he could have seen our new place.DSC03737

While they were working, I began my first attempt at landscaping.  One SMALL flower bed down, and many, many more to go!

DSC03735

1 comment:

  1. Flower bed looks great! You've got a beautiful new place. :-) Too bad the neighbors aren't as good. haha!

    ReplyDelete